When was the last time you decided to protect the planet by using less and acting more? Its a myth that going green is an expensive lifestyle. On the contrary, when you choose a green living, you’ll be amazed at how wonderful and easy it is. Going green is not as difficult as you might think. Here are some tried and tested World Environment Day Tips that you’ll love to adopt in your lifestyle.
World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5th every year, but it does not mean, you choose just this one day to do your bit for the environment.
World Environment Day Tips
There are so many places to start! Why just choose one? You can start with going green not just at your home, but your work place, your community and even social media! If you are active on social media that is one of the best places to talk about matters that can reach out to a larger audience.
Let’s get started to discover more about the World Environment Day Tips!
CELEBRATE ENVIRONMENT DAY AT YOUR HOME
- Switch off all unnecessary lights on the eve of World Environment Day and conserve energy.
- Opt for a bucket bath instead of a shower.
- Repair all leaky faucets everytime and don’t forget to close the tap when you shave or brush.
- Reuse the water you wash your veggies in to water the plants at home.
- Cook food as much as you want and avoid food wastage.
- Old tees can make wonderful cleaning cloths. Reuse what you can.
- Use laptop to use mail and for important browsing not to just pass the time.
- Serve food as much as you can eat, avoid throwing away food.
- Plant a tree in your backyard or gift a sapling to your friends and family.
- Use DIY and green ways to clean your home rather than opt for chemical products.Did you know that World Environment Day (WED) is the United Nations’ principal vehicle for encouraging… Click To TweetClick to read about 3 more ideas for green living in your home!
ENVIRONMENT DAY AT YOUR WORKPLACE
- Opt for carpooling if there are more than two of you who travel the same route.
- Use a public transport or cycle to work if your office is close by.
- Take print out on both sides of the paper if it is not required otherwise
- Cut one sided printed papers into half, staple and use it as a note pad.
- Switch off lights of your room or around your seat if you go out for lunch.
- Collect old reusable items from you colleagues and donate it.
- Add a small note about protecting the environment in your mails.
- Use towel napkins instead of paper tissues to wipe your hands or face. Carry your own towel napkin if you can.
- Save a tree, opt for e-bills instead of physical or paper bills.
- Switch off the laptop and lights and all other electrical equipment before you leave from work.
CELEBRATE ENVIRONMENT DAY AT SCHOOL
- Ask the students to talk about the benefits of green living.
- Organize a poster competition and give awards to makers of best posters.
- Ask the students to write an essay on the environmental hazards so that they are aware of the dangers we face.
- Plant trees in the school campus.
- Gift saplings to the children to take back home and plant at home.
- Tell them to make a collage on saving the environment.
CELEBRATE ENVIRONMENT DAY IN YOUR COMMUNITY
- Make cleanliness of the area on self-help basis.
- If you live in a community, encourage the members to segregate between wet and dry waste.
- Make your own compost. Head over to the Omved blog to read more about how to make your own compost.
- Promote local produce. Where I stay, every Sunday, we have a local farmer stop by to sell the vegetables and fruits.
- Encourage your children to keep the area clean.
- Don’t go anywhere without your cloth bag so you can just say no to plastic whenever you shop.
CELEBRATE ENVIRONMENT DAY ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Share this post on your Facebook Pages and let your friends know too!
- Make a poster and paste it on your timeline.
- Tweet about World Environment Day on Twitter. Make your own slogans and populate it social media.
- Clean up an area where you stay. Post a before and after pic so that people can see the difference.
- Create a board on Pinterest that talks about the merits of green living.
- Share informative posts about World Environment Day on all your social media accounts.
- Make a green promise and publicize it on social media. I’ve set tweets to go out every 20 minutes on my Twitter!
- Visit the website of World Environment Day and update yourself more.
- Retweet posts on World Environment Day to your followers so that they get to see more information.
That is quite a lot to start off with! These are my World Environment Day Tips that can help you start one little thing at a time. Choose where you want to start off and how! Share the post to reach out to as many people as you can so that we can make the earth a better place to stay. How did you find them please share your thoughts about them in comments section given below.
Only when the last tree has died, Only when the last river has been poisoned, Only when the last… Click To Tweet
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- 12 posts for best Diwali ideas for home - October 15, 2017
- Biscotti Recipe – Cranberry and Almond Biscotti for Diwali - October 13, 2017
- Recipes with Nutreat Kids products - October 11, 2017