I’ve seen the reviews for Vellvette doing the rounds for a while now and I took that plunge and subscribed to the Velvlette Box. I’ve taken a three month subscription, something that I gifted myself for my birthday. And the much hyped box arrived and I must say that the pics are misleading and the box is quite a small one. I was expecting something the size of UT boxes. Vellvette sent me a mail saying that they may be able to squeeze in one box for me because of my preferences for the type of products I had asked for.
The December edition came with a bonus gift which was a lipstick that most of the subscribers got. The only thing that interested me was the shampoo from TBS which is a natural one.
And this is what I got in the box
- The Rainforest shampoo from TBS – Full size price INR 725
- Anna Andre Delux Creme Lipstick – Shade 40205 – Full size price INR 430
- PerryEllis for women perfume sample – INR 3,250 ( should be for a 50 ml)
- Clarins Double Serum Complete Age Control Concentrate – Full size INR 4,500
The only promising samples that look worth using are the Rainforest Shampoo as I mentioned and the lipstick that came as a bonus gift in the December edition box. I have enough fragrances, so will give the Perry Ellis sample either a miss or will dunk it in my purse as a backup.
I am not a fan of serums and age control creams because I rely on my home made masks and scrubs and my favourite Omved ubtans.
And I had never heard of Anna Andre, though a google search ensured that her lipsticks are absolutely awesome. So I tried this one just once because I quite liked the shade that was sent across to me. One heads up is that I found this lipstick to be quite moisturizing and I quite liked the packaging of the lipstick too. So yes, this one is something that I will use.
The shampoo card that came along with the box mentions that it is best suited if followed up with the conditioner and I really wish that they had sent it along
with the the conditioner so that I could feel the difference. Please make a note of this Vellvette team! For now, I will probably follow it up with my all time favourite conditioner, Jungle by Lush. So much about the box!
What was your haul in the December box?
Coming up next:
- A neat haul from a friend who sent some awesome products to use from Singapore
- Reviewing a new website
- Discovering some new awesome home made products
( in a random order)
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- 9 Recipes for Infused Water - October 23, 2017
- 12 posts for best Diwali ideas for home - October 15, 2017
- Biscotti Recipe – Cranberry and Almond Biscotti for Diwali - October 13, 2017