While monsoon does bring relief from the scorching heat, it also can be a problem for skin and hair. The increased levels of humidity can wreak havoc if you do not follow a good skin care regime for monsoon. If you have been worried about skin care this monsoon, then you should be bookmarking this post. Not only does it have some awesome tips for healthy skin this monsoon, but I have also recommended products that you should be trying for effective skin care in monsoon.
Tips for healthy skin this monsoon
Honestly, skin care care begins with you. I can give tips for healthy skin this monsoon, but remember that there are a lot of other factors that contribute to healthy skin. A good diet, staying hydrated and following a skin care regime are just some of them. Follow this super easy skincare regime to ensure you have healthy skin this monsoon.
Make water your best friend – Stay Hydrated
Intake of fluids does not depend on water alone. Include foods rich in water content like raw salads that have lettuces, fruit salads filled with melons, apples, oranges and berries so that your body not just eats healthy food but also gets you to increase your water intake. Water helps to flush out the toxins from the body. It is recommended yo drink at least 7-8 glasses of water every day. My water intake is pretty less. So I have a bottle of water every place I haunt! The dining table, my work-desk, the table next to my bed, the table in the living room. Get the gist? I keep a bottle of water everywhere so that it is right there in front of me, screaming out loud, pick me up and take a sip!
Cleansing your face – Do it regularly!
Follow the CTM (Cleansing, Toning, Moistursing) regime. Add exfoliation too. Here are some of my tried and tested tips!
- Cleansing your face: You need something that can add the instant glow to your face. What you need to also invest in is a soap free cleansing gel that can help you get rid of the dirt and impurities. You need to use this all around the year so that your face is not stripped of the natural oils.
- Make your own cleanser/toner: Nothing like a DIY recipe! Take organic rose water and add a drop of peppermint essential oil to it. Add a few strands of saffron in the mix. Now, add some water to this mix and dip cotton balls in the mixture. Let it cool in the fridge for a while and use it to wipe your skin. This makes a very healing cleanser by eliminating excess oil from the skin and peppermint has healing properties that can keep acne at bay. You can also use oil-free skin wipes to remove excess oil and dirt when outside.
- Moisturise: Moisturizing is another important aspect of a good skin care regime. Use a gel-based moisturizer in case of an oily skin and a cream-based moisturizer for a normal to dry skin. You can also opt for facial oils. If your work demands you to be outdoors, opt for a mild sunscreen.
- Exfoliate: Use a very mild skin or a soap free cleanser that can act as a scrub to exfoliate your skin. Do this at least twice a week to get rid of dirt and impurities. Follow up with a good clay mask to soothe your skin after exfoliation.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 498.00
Price: INR 325.00
Eat well – Choose the right diet
Use the right spices when you cook in monsoon. Spices like turmeric, asafoetida (hing), coriander, fenugreek (methi), cloves, pepper and cinnamon keep the flu and bay. Ginger, garlic and curry leaves should be added generously to your lentils to flush out the toxins and sinuses from the body. I love this simple khichadi recipe that is more often than not a comfort food that I love to indulge in.
Exercise Indoors – Opt for Yoga
Since you won’t be able to spend much time outdoors, this is the perfect time to opt for light indoor exercises that can build your immunity and keep sickness at bay. Experts recommend simple monsoon yoga asanas to keep your immunity levels high. Try these simple monsoon yoga asanas to keep your immunity levels high and illness at bay.
Absolutely simple and very doable tips , aren’t they? Do have a skin care or a hair care regime that you follow in the monsoon? What are some of your tips for healthy skin this monsoon? Share your tips in the comments.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- 7 Ways Parents Turn Their Child Into a Spoilt Brat - February 1, 2019
- The Ultimate Green Living Hamper for 2019 - January 21, 2019
- How a WhatsApp rumour spoilt my medicine cabinet - January 17, 2019