With the monsoon settling in, I need to move away from the summer set of products to something that is very monsoon friendly. Right from the hair oil, shampoos, face and foot care to the diet I need to follow, everything changes! I try and switch over to products that moisturise my skin very slightly. Here is what you will find me using in the monsoons.
1. Hair Oil – Time to store the summer hair oils and use something that is apt for the monsoon. I had been eyeing this for a long time and I finally succumbed into buying it. The Sukeshant Hair Oil by Omved for reducing dandruff. Monsoons are the times when getting wet in the rain becomes pretty inevitable and it wet hair can lead to serious dandruff issues. I have been using this over a fortnight now and I must say that the results are amazing. The review of this product will be posted soon. I leave the oil overnight like I always do with most hair oils.
|Use the Omved Discount Coupon 790191l to avail a 10 % off on a minimum purchase of INR 500. Valid till Aug 15th.|
2. Scrubs, Soaps & Body wash – I strongly believe is using the scrub all around the year because it works very well to exfoliate dead skin and keep your skin really soft and smooth. I don’t advocate buying scrubs outside because you can make awesome ones at home. What’s good about making a scrub at home is that you can make a fresh one every time you want to use one, alternating between the varieties that you want and well, you know what’s gone it! Just click here to look up the posts I have written on scrubs! My current favourite one is the awesome sugar and coffee scrub and my all time favourite is the rice and sesame scrub that I have written about in this post. Now what I have mentioned here are only for the body and feet. For your face, you need to use something really mild.
For the Soaps and Body wash, I move to something that is slightly moisturising and I prefer to use the Geranium Soap by Rustic Art of the Kamalika Bath Bar from Omved in the monsoon. Both these have very mild fragrances that tend to linger on long after application and needless to say that they smell great! As for body washes, I am currently using the Lemon Verbena Body Wash by Azafran, which I have already reviewed and the Silkening Shower Wash Bitter Orange & Cinnamon from Forest Essentials that is just heavenly (yes! another product that I still need to review). In the monsoon I like to use milder and lighter fragrances in the body washes and soaps that just impart that whiff as you pass by. What I also need from the soaps is that they moisturise the skin, but just a little bit and these soaps work perfectly well for season.
4. Shampoo and Conditioners – The Mud aloe shampoo by Nirvaaha when I want cleanse my hair. I have reviewed it here and this one works well when you have not oiled your hair. I stick to the Rustic Art Aloe Shampoo followed by the Jungle Conditioner by Lush (Uff! Some more reviews pending!) works for me across all seasons, so I need to have this with me all year round. Even though Jungle is NOT organic, this is one product I can’t seem to stay away from. Non-fussy and easy to use, this works really well on my hair keeping it soft and manageable.
5. Moisturisers and balms – I still stick to a light moisturiser for the face. I use the Omved Protective Face Moisturiser almost the entire year because it suits my skin really well. In the nights, I use the Rustic Art Anti-Wrinkle lotion that works wonders as a I sleep. Lip balms, again are a must all year around. So whether I am stepping out or at home, the lip balm is always a part of my regime.
6. Face wash – I pretty much prefer to opt for the regular ubtans I use and I try and use a face pack at least once a week. It works well to get rid of the excessive oil and keep it hydrated and nourished. Since I have an oily to combination skin, I prefer to use a gel based scrub, preferably the FE Kashmiri walnut one that strips the skin of the excess oil without drying it. As for the pack, I stick to the Taruni skin pack or the All purpose ubtan by Omved. The Cherry Face Wash, which was a limited edition launched by TNC is what I use on a daily basis in this season.
That was my list! What is yours?
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!