So, Vellvette created a huge brouhaha about subscribers getting an extra sample with every box for the next six months and there was a mad scramble with people cancelling and re-subscribing to get that extra sample. Why would anyone go through so much effort is quite beyond my comprehension. But then that is my thought!
I received the Vellvette box a week ago. I was curious to see what the extra bonus items would be. And this is what I got.
NYX Lip gloss
Dream Cream by Lush
Nyassa vanilla dry fruit luxury bar
Tous in heaven – her perfume (bonus #1)
Meiji Amino Collagen 7-day sample pack (bonus #2
I am honestly a bit tired of filling in the so called beauty forms that they use to personalize your box. No, it does not work. When I clearly stated that I don’t use makeup, I was sent a blush in the last month box ( which was something that everyone got) and a lip gloss this month ( which everyone is getting!). Why make us fill a long questionnaire when you want to give out what you want and not what the subscriber wants. Seriously disappointing. I gave away this month’s box to a friend who would have loved it more than I liked it!
Enough of fretting, here are my thoughts on the products
1. Dream Cream by Lush : I love Lush, unfortunately I have the full sized tub at home and this was not really something that excited me. Not Vellvette’s fault, really. It was pure luck that I got this. I love the Dream Cream and nearly finishing the pot that is at my home. I gave it away because my friend could use this lovely product too! This is one of last products from Lush that I am using.
2. Tous In Heaven ( bonus # 1) : This is a sample perfume vial that would get exhausted in two uses. I liked the fragrance though. My current favourite ones are the Neon versions from Superdry and my ever favourite Chance by Chanel. I gifted this one to my friend too.
3. Lip Gloss by Nyx : Just realised that I forgot to click the individual pic for this product. This was the most annoying product. As mentioned earlier, I have stated in my questionnaire that I don’t want any make up stuff and I get this lip gloss! The last month I was sent a blush which is just lying unused. I don’t use a lip gloss at all. My only question is why on earth do I need to fill a questionnaire when I get what I don’t want.
The last sample that Vellvette sent from Nyassa, the Belgian Chocolate Scrub was disappointing. The soap smelt nice, but was a bit overpowering for me so I gave this away to a friend too. And the thought of dry fruits in a scrub is not very appealing. And with soaps I like the fragrance to be mild not so strong.
5. Meiji Amino Collagen 7-day sample pack (bonus #2)
Meiji Amino Collagen is made from extremely pure and highly absorbable fish collagen peptide. I don’t eat fish at all and I hate the smell. So this one is a total waste. If Vellvette had to introduce a drink, they should have checked if everyone could use it.
Wrapping up: Disappointing products really! The bonuses were absolutely sad ones. Won’t be using any of these anyway because I have already gifted them to a friend! And the one I did not gift, I had to dunk in the trash can, because I hate the smell of fish and my friend is a vegetarian 🙂 And I am left wondering if I will be disappointed the next two months too!
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- Tips for healthy skin this monsoon - July 20, 2018
- Natural ways to keep your home bug free this monsoon - July 16, 2018
- How to overcome the fear of math - July 10, 2018