An apple a day may keep the doctor away and make your skin glow! Research suggests that apples may reduce the risk of colon cancer, prostate cancer and lung cancer. Compared to many other fruits and vegetables, apples contain relatively low amounts of vitamin C, but are a rich source of other antioxidant compounds. The fiber content, while less than in most other fruits, helps regulate bowel movements and may thus reduce the risk of colon cancer. They may also help with heart disease, weight loss, and controlling cholesterol. The fiber contained in apples reduces cholesterol by preventing reabsorption, and (like most fruits and vegetables) they are bulky for their caloric content. ( taken from Wiki)
Anyway, choosing not to digress, here are some absolutely simple DIY masks that can be done at home and these are for various skin types.
Apple Oatmeal scrub
What you need
- Half an apple chopped finely.
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp oatmeal
- Most fruits when mashed and mixed with a spoon of honey is an excellent cleanser. The same applies to an apple also. Mixing mashed apples with honey is an excellent cleanser. Apply it on your face and leave it for about 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- For oily skin you can mix 5-6 drops of lime juice in 1 tbsp of apple juice and leave it on your face and neck fro 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water. The citrus refreshes your skin.
- For dry skin, you can grate the quarter of an apple and keep in the fridge to cool for about 10 minutes, Apply this grated apple on your face and neck for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Use applices to place under the eyes to get rid of dark circles.
- Apple juice or grated apple mixed with cream when applied on the face and neck can help reduce the blemishes and acne.
Warning: Please exercise all precautions while following instructions on the recipes from this post. Do not use these products if you are allergic to it.
Pics have been taken from different websites.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- Tips for healthy skin this monsoon - July 20, 2018
- Natural ways to keep your home bug free this monsoon - July 16, 2018
- How to overcome the fear of math - July 10, 2018