A good skin care regimen is essential for beautiful skin. Keeping your skin free from excess oil, blackheads, acne and more. For a teen, there are more chances of troubled skin because they are still growing and their body is likely to undergo loads of changes too. This post is all about skin care tips for teenagers.
The post contains effective skin care routines that are easy to implement and trust me, your skin will thank you for it! It is important to choose a beauty regime according to your skin type. And the truth is that the sooner you start to use products that are natural and chemical free, the better it would be for your skin.
10 Skin Care Tips for Teenagers
Teenage is the time of experimentation! Make up, experimenting with products to use and more. Unfortunately, teenage is also the time when they don’t realise that the incorrect products can cause damage to the skin. With all the hormonal changes that their body undergoes, it is very common for teenagers to face skin issues. We’ve listed 10 skin care tips for teenagers that truly work.
- Have a CTM routine. Make a shift to organic and chemical free products now if you can. Look up these range of products from Forest Essentials, and the skin care kit in particular. You have the entire cleansing, toning and moisturising in place with this compact kit.
- Wash your face regularly. Use a mild nourishing, preferably soap free cleanser to wash your face. This helps tone and cleanse your face gently while getting rid of all impurities.
- If your skin is dry, then use warm water to wash your face and use a nourishing moisturiser to give your skin the keep it hydrated, soft and supple. nourishment it requires. then give your face a gentle scrub with a cleanser at least once every day. Do not have hot showers as it can cause your body to get more dry.
- Use a sunscreen regularly, even if you are inside your house. A sunscreen can protect your skin against the harmful rays and also keep you from tanning.
- If your skin is oily, wash your face at least thrice a day with a mild cleanser. Do not use deep cleansers as these can cause excess your skin get extra moisturised which can lead to acne and breakouts.
- Keep your makeup minimal if you are using it. And use branded make up. Use cleansing pads to get rid of the excess oil when you wipe off the make up or the impurities. Follow this with a quick face wash with warm water and a mild cleansing facewash to keep your skin clean.
- Acne is best treated naturally. Did you know that applying garlic juice on the problem areas can help to reduce the intensity of acne and break outs. Garlic juice is known to have anti-bacterial properties that helps to keep acne at bay.
- Keep yourself and your skin hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Exfoliate at least once a week. Slough away the dead skin with a mild scrub that will not just get rid of the roughness, but will also keep your skin soft and supple. Never use a body scrub on your face.
- If you have acne, let it dry on its own. Do not pop the acne as it will lead to scarring your skin and leave marks that will take long to disappear completely.However, if you do have persistent skin problems, it is advisable to see a dermatologist who may prescribe a treatment that is very specific to your skin.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!