A very chance encounter led me to SafetyKart. Yes, I know I have raved and reviewed about all things organic and natural on my blog, but let me warn you right at the start that this website has actually no product in sync with my blog. Why am I still reviewing it? Read on and you will know. Where was I? Why this website? Alright, as the name suggests, for safety of course! SafetyKart has been in the e-retail business for just about 6 months and the website caters to safety equipment to everyone and in every area. Starting from industrial safety to home safety and car safety to child proofing your home. They have some of the best brands in the industry.
I have been sent the Mosquito Bands and the Safety Comics for a review earlier, but I was looking at purchasing something from them so that I could share my shopping experience with SafetyKart. Last week my husband and I were looking for some safety equipment to seal the sliding windows in our bedroom. We live on the eighth floor and a couple of days ago, I was too busy to notice that the boys had made their way into our bedroom. I heard a muffled voice asking me to open the window. I walked into the bedroom and my heart skipped a beat. My boys were standing outside the window, leaning against the grills after having locked themselves out. That was a moment which scared the living daylights out of me. We searched for products that could seal the windows. We didn’t find anything that met our requirements but did come across some products that we totally loved. I am sharing these with you.
1. ResQMe – For those who were caught in the floods of 26/7 in Mumbai, will probably know what it was to be trapped in the car. A lot of lives were lost because of the technical snags with the water logging. Survived that hell, while I walked back home wading through waist deep water, not sure where the open manholes were with the water gushing out from everywhere, the husband was stuck in a mega jam on the Badra flyover. This tool can be clipped to your keychain and it has a cutter and hammer that allows one to cut the seat belt in case they are trapped. The hammer looks really small but does an awesome job of shattering the window. Watch the video here. You can buy this here. Priced at INR 999, it is worth a buy if it can save your life!
2. Life Straw – This advanced, compact, ultralight personal water filter does not contain any chemicals, iodinated resin, batteries or any breakable parts that can cause a wear and tear of the product. Priced at INR 712, this can filter upto 1000 litres of possibly contaminated water. You can buy this here. I think is one of the must buys for people who travel a lot and are unsure of the quality of drinking water that they get.
3. Multi-functional car tool – What we picked up was this multifunctional car safety tool which has features that every man would love. I don’t drive a car, so all I know its got a *lot* ( please note the emphasis) of things starting from a flash-light, an FM radio, a cutter, a hammer ( similar to ResQMe, but with more options), some buttons that do various things when pressed, an emergency signal light appears and a superbly powerful magnet. Yes, the better half spent a good half an hour exploring the new toy and was very thrilled with it. You can buy this here and it is priced at INR 1920. I found this to be a very useful gadget that should be stored in the car.
4. Pee Safe: This is a toilet seat sanitizer. Most of us have the need to visit a public restroom at some point of time. This spray on sanitizer can be sprayed on the toilet seats to disinfect it from 99.99% of germs that can cause an infection. You can also spray these on doorknobs and bathroom showers to disinfect them. Easy to carry and store, this fits in your bag, pocket and meets airline standards so you can stow it in your overhead cabin baggage. Priced at INR 120, this 75 ml can lasts upto 150 uses when sprayed on toilet seat. You can buy this here.
Now that I am done with what I liked, let me rate my shopping experience.
- Ease of navigation – 5/5 – Everything is easily found, the categorisation is simple and products are easy to find.
- Product range and brand variety – 5/5 – You will find the well known brands here as well as some new brands that we have discovered, like the ones I have mentioned above.
- Packaging and Delivery – 5/5 – Was delivered in a day and the packaging was secure considering it was a breakable item
- Customer Service – 3/5 – Needs improvement. My query went unanswered for 24 hours. Not a good thing to have a customer service that does not respond. But at least they are not those pesky ones who call you a zillion times to confirm and re-confirm the order.
- Recommended ? – 5/5 – Yes! Safety is something that we ignore because we are so sure that nothing can happen to us. Some of the products I thought were good to invest in as a precautionary measure.
P.S: For those of who are wondering what we did to the windows, we duct taped them because we are yet to find the apt product. 🙂 If you know of something, drop me a comment, will you?
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- Benefits of Self Massage in Ayurveda – Abhyanga - August 13, 2018
- 10 Signs You Need to Detox Your Body Immediately - August 8, 2018
- What is helicopter parenting? And how you can avoid it! - August 3, 2018