Getting the right hair care regime has always been a task. If I got the oil right, the shampoo did not work, if the shampoo worked, the conditioner left my hair too dry or the hair pack did not nourish the hair as much as it should have. I have used products from Prakriti Herbals earlier and I had little to complain and when I saw this kit, I was more than willing to give it a try. My hunt for the reviews showed all positive ones and I was determined that I need to pick this one up!
I have always stuck to a hair treatment regime for over 8 years. My hair routine consists of oiling my hair and leaving it overnight, following it up with a pack at least once a month, and the regular shampoo and conditioner routine. The past few years have seen the occurrence of dandruff that seems to have changed to a status of a permanent companion. Earlier it aggravated only in the winter, but from the past two years it has been there to stay.
I have used many oils that provided me relief, but it was only temporary. As I mentioned at the start, something or the other was not right with the combination I was using. Since I am particular about taking care of my hair, I decided to take the plunge and picked up this kit on Hair care by Prakriti Herbals.
Hair Care by Prakriti Herbals – What’s in the kit?
- Nourishing Amla Hibiscus Fenugreek Hair Oil
- Hydrating Aloevera Cucumber Gel
- Aloevera Silk Protien Shampoo
- Jojoba Aloevera Silky Conditioner
As with all Prakriti Herbals products, even these products are priced between INR 110 and INR 120 and come in 60 ml flip top containers. I picked the hair care by Prakriti Herbals hamper for INR 450 including taxes and shipping.
I had to order it from their store because I was unable to find the products online. For now you can place your orders via their FB page. You can also buy this from Flipkart.
Let me give you a brief feedback of all these products.
1. Nourishing Amla Hibiscus Fenugreek Hair Oil: The oil is absolutely light and non sticky and you really require a very small quantity to massage on the hair. I have hair till the nape of my neck and I used just about a teaspoon of oil to massage my hair. The oil is packed with the goodness of amla, hibiscus, fenugreek, brahmi and triphala, all of which are absolutely awesome to battle the itchiness of the scalp and keep dandruff at bay. I have also noted quite a bit of reduction in the dandruff which for me is a life saver. This oil has worked magic on my hair and I would recommend this to anyone who has been battling with dandruff.
2.Hydrating Aloevera Cucumber Gel : We all know the goodness of aloevera, so I need not even start explaining why it is good. The aloe gel should be applied from roots to tips at least half an hour before the shower. It works like a hydrating hair pack. I applied it as the aloe gel for a few times and I also used it as a base to mix hair pack. I used 50% of the aloe gel and 50% water to get the right consistency of the pack.
3. Aloe Vera Silk Protein Hydrating Shampoo: I have used the Amla Hibiscus Shikakai Shampoo variant earlier which my hair totally loved and I was absolutely delighted that I could try another variant with this hamper. The shampoo has a mild but lingering fragrance that is not too strong. Again as with most of the Prakriti Herbal products, you need really little quantity of the shampoo. What you can also do is mix one portion of the shampoo with twice the quantity of water and apply on wet hair. It lathers very slightly and you need to leave it in the hair for a minute or two and wash off with tepid water.
4. Jojoba Aloevera Silky Conditioner: It has a very berry fragrance and a runny consistency. It took me at least 4 uses to figure out the exact quantity I need to use. I use a little less than a tablespoon of the conditioner and let it stay for at least 3-4 minutes before washing it off. I dry my hair naturally and I must say that it leaves my hair absolutely soft and manageable. Look at the image below for the complete list of ingredients. The only two ingredients in the list that had me worried was Perfume thickeners and Foodgrade colours and preservatives. I have written to Prakriti Herbals about it and I will update the post when I get an answer from them.
I have been using these products for less than a month and I have noticed that my hair is softer and shinier and more important is the fact that it keeps the itchiness and dryness of the scalp at bay. I follow the instructions with the only variation being that I leave in the oil overnight. Now, the right way to use these products is as listed:
- Warm the oil and massage on the scalp.
- Apply the aloevera gel to the scalp and hair and keep in on for at least 30 mins
- Wash off with the herbal shampoo
- Use very little of the conditioner on wet hair, avoiding the scalp.
Have you used Prakriti Herbals earlier? Which one is your fav? Buy the kit on Hair Care by Prakriti Herbals from Flipkart here.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!