Aging of the skin is a natural process by which the collagen and elastin, that keep our skin looking firm and youthful, begin to decline, this results in wrinkles. Cell production and cell quality also diminish over time resulting in wrinkles. These factors unfortunately are out of our control, though diet and supplements can slow down the process, it won’t stop it. However, a couple of lifestyle and dietary changes should work its magic. Here are some quick wrinkle erasing tips that can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin.
Quick Wrinkle Erasing Tips
The influences that are within our control are largely environmental such as pollution (eg; smoking), environmental stressors, using chemical laden products or in the worst case wrong products and of course sun damage! Here are 20 wrinkle erasing tips that are a super easy way to reduce wrinkles and slow down the aging process.
Skin Care Tips
- Always wear sunscreen whether it’s cloudy or sunny and don’t sunbake.
- Hydrate your skin by drinking about 8 glasses of water a day.
- Use skincare products that contain antioxidants and AHA’s.
- Moisturize the skin on your face twice daily.
- Use an eye cream for the delicate skin around the eyes nightly.
- Facial scrubs remove the build-up of dead cells that can increase the appearance of wrinkles, try this weekly.
- Jojoba oil resembles the skin’s natural oils. Dab this around the eyes to keep wrinkles at bay.
- Honey is known worldwide for its beneficial abilities. Use a honey mask weekly. Simply apply the honey to your face and neck and leave for 30 minutes then rinse off. This mask will “feed” your skin with nutrients.
- Use natural skincare products that will nourish your skin and give it lots of vitamins and minerals to help it stay fresh and healthy.
- Aloe Vera and Avocado oil both have the ability to prevent the skin from drying out; they are both used to improve the skin’s elasticity.
- Start a good skincare routine in your 20’s. Prevention is easier than a cure.
MUST READ : BEST FACE OILS FOR YOUR SKIN
- Stop smoking (It’s #1 for a reason)
- Reduce stress. (Try reading, exercising, meditating) 15 minutes a day is a good start.
- Reduce alcohol consumption. Overindulging can put enormous strain on your system and will accelerate wrinkles forming.
- Eat healthily by incorporating plenty of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Sleep at least 8 hours every night.
- Eat fish three times a week. Great for the skin and general health.
- Check with your doctor about taking supplements, your diet may be lacking some of the important ones.
- Take vitamin C supplements and use products that contain vitamin C, it will help boost your collagen.
- A soothing way to help achieve a wrinkle-free face is to lie on your back with your knees elevated by placing a pillow or cushion beneath them.
Try this when you are watching TV or reading. These simple hacks for wrinkle erasing tips will leave your skin lookin younger, smooth and youthful.