Buying organic stuff is always nice because I believe that there are no impurities in it and that most of the products are handmade and as close to the nature as possible. I chanced upon the Omved Store in Inorbit Mall. One thing I must say is that their online website is a tad confusing as I could not locate the product list that I could buy from.
They do have a wide range of products priced slightly on the expensive side, but since it is Ayurvedic I did not quite refrain from buying it. What I picked up was:
- Sudyuti Kerathailam
- Sukhata Thailam
- Sushwasa Roll on
- Soothing grains foot compressor
All this set my wallet back by approximately INR 2500. My review on these products.
1. Sudyuti Kerathailam : Post pregnancy I was swamped by freckles and pigmentation. Nothing seemed to be helping me get rid of these. This skin oil came with the ptomise of giving a healthy complexion.
- Reduces pigmentation and evens tone
- Treats skin disorders like eczema and itching
Directions for use: 5 – 10 ml. massage on body and leave on as long as desired before a bath. Most effective if warmed prior ti use in a copper vessel OR use as directed by your physician.
Since I don’t have a copper vessel, I heat it in a small bowl for roughly 10 seconds in a microwave. I have been using this product for about a month now and I have noticed a visible difference in my complexion. My freckles and pigmentation has reduced marginally. I guess with regular use, the results will be better. Once a week I leave the oil overnight and wash my face with warm water the next day. I use a gentle scrub to get the oil out of my skin. A foaming cleanser did not work for me.
- Relieves aches, cramps, sores and stiffness
- Nourishes and heals damaged tissues
- Beneficial in arthiritis and ligament injury
Both 1 and 2 are priced at INR 490 ( 125 ml). The only drawback is that they are in glass bottles and they are bound to break if they are dropped on the floor. I am not sure if it is the medicinal value that makes them store it in glass bottles, but I felt that it could have been stored in plastic bottles. These come in two sizes, 65 ml and 125 ml.
3. Sushwasa Roll-on : Strengthens and supports the respiratory system
I bought this for my kids who are regularly prone to a cough and cold with the changing weather. And whenever I have applied this roll-on to them, I have noticed an ease of breathing till the effect wears off. You roll it on the nose, above the upper lip and the chest. I used it at least twice a day.
It helps in:
- Improving lung condition,
- Treating respiratory tract infection,
- Supporting nasal function as a bronchodilator
- Reducing cough & cold
Priced at INR 395.
This doubles up as a hot and a cold pack. I used this after I had applied the Sukhata Thailam on my aching feet. You need to warm the compress in a microwave with a cup of water for about 2 minutes. Glide your foot in the compress and relax.
Price : INR 1090
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- 12 posts for best Diwali ideas for home - October 15, 2017
- Biscotti Recipe – Cranberry and Almond Biscotti for Diwali - October 13, 2017
- Recipes with Nutreat Kids products - October 11, 2017