Ditch the store bough Christmas decorations this year. Instead opt for some really cool homemade Christmas ornaments that you can hang on the trees. These easy to make DIY homemade Christmas ornaments is a fun activity that you can do at home even with your kids.
20+ Homemade Christmas Ornaments to Hang on Your Tree
- Do you love unicorns? If you said yes, try these Unicorn themed ornaments that are going to be a hit this season. Look up this easy DIY tutorial to make these Unicorn themed homemade Christmas ornaments.
- Bake some cookies at home and string them up on the tree. Won’t it be fun to pluck the cookies from the trees and eat them? You can look up some cookie recipes on my blog here.
- Looking for the perfect Christmas star to adorn the top of the tree? Look up this tutorial on how to make a Christmas star that kids can help you with.
- Do something different this year. Add some family pics to the Christmas tree to make it resemble ornaments. Choose pics from the best moments that unraveled in the year and make some stunning images. Look up the tutorial here. These also make wonderful keepsake pieces.
- Do you like twine lights? These make wonderful decoration pieces and are not very difficult to make. Look up this simple instruction on YouTube. And there is another version here which is slightly complicated, but worth a shot. You can make a variety of these lamps and gift them to your friends and family.
- These easy homemade Christmas ornaments by Arsty Craftsy Mom is another favourite that you must try. The Corrugated Paper Christmas tree makes a fab centerpiece too. Yet another hand-made gift box makes it the perfect accessory to gift tiny memrobilia to your loved ones.
- Salt dough is an inexpensive way to make ornaments. They don’t last for a long time but the fun part is that you can make lots of shapes with salt dough and use them as ornaments for your Christmas tree. Look up this link here to give you more ideas.
- Scrabble it! Just add festive words of the title of your favorite Christmas tune to your tree by using Scrabble tiles. Look up this tutorial here.
- I stumbled upon this fingerprint snowman salt dough ornament by accident and it looks like a fun activity that you can do with your whole family. Not to mention that it will be a very different homemade Christmas ornament that will decorate your tree. Look up this tutorial here.
- Got kids at home? Or do you love chocolates? Make colourful paper cones and fill it with candy and hang them on the tree! These work as great party favours too! Look up the tutorial here.
- Need some bling? Use colourful self-adhesives in different shapes and sizes to adorn the Christmas ornaments. While this is not something I would recommend as it is not eco-friendly, but if you are looking for an easy solution, this will help you out! Give you tree that extra sparkle with the tutorial here.
- This one is a keeper if you love embroidery. In mini hoops, use cross stitch to make Christmas patterns. You ca make baubles, SantaClaus, reindeer’s and more. Frame them and hang it on to the tree. Look up this idea here.
- Paint some pinecones from your garden in vibrant colours and string them to the tree to give it a festive look. Pine cones do not contribute to a landfill and are reusable too. Add a bit of nature to your tree.
- This one is clearly a winner and my favorite. Look up these eco-friendly homemade Christmas tree ornaments. These won’t cause a landfill and if you compost, just add it to the compost bin.
- Looking for a keepsake? This utterly cute hand-print Santa Claus ornament is what I liked from this blog. Do keep in mind that salt dough ornaments are easily breakable, so you may want to handle it with utmost care. Wrapping it well when you are keeping it away
- A tree in incomplete without a wreath. Look up this easy tutorial on how to create some Look up the post here Mix and match different shades as hues to add a beautiful colour to your Christmas tree.
- Looking for more colours? These soft and sparkly Christmas pompom beauties are easy to make and this DIY ornament can also be done by children. A good way to keep them busy too!
- I am quite in love with the popsicle sleighs or sleds. These sleds can be painted in a variety of colours. These double up as decorations and cool gift tags also. Look up the post here.
- Get craftsy with these colorful paper stars. This easy tutorial shares some fabulous ideas to make your own paper stars with an assortments of papers. Look up this tutorial here.
- Use colorful felts and sew or stick them together to make fancy creations. A paper cup, an ornament, the Christmas tree and more! Explore some ideas here.
- No pines where you stay? Never mind, create your own pines! Yes, some cinnamon bark is all that you need and some Christmas tree twigs to make colourful mini trees. Look up the post here.
Here are links to some more compilation posts that you should read!
- Must Read : 1-min DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Must Read: Baby’s first Christmas Ornaments
- Must Read: DIY SALT DOUGH ORNAMENTS
- 75+ homemade Christmas ornaments & decors
- Christmas Decorations on a budget
These homemade Christmas ornaments are perfect to create a new keepsake that can be used for years together! So which of these are you planning to make this Christmas?