Post delivery, I have these dark circles under the eyes that are threatening to be a permanent fixture. The causes for dark circles can range from lack of sleep, fatigue, lack of nourishment to stress, age or allergies. Whatever the reasons may be, dark circles do not really look great! I am not a user of under eye creams because so far none of the creams I have used have provided the desired result.
I’ve mainly stuck too tried and tested home made masks that I use once in a while.
Here are some home remedies that you can use to get rid of those dark circles. Of course, they won’t vanish with just one use, you will need to use this regularly to clear the under eye skin.
Getting rid of the dark circles naturally
- Take cotton balls and flatten it out. Dip these in chilled rose water and keep on the eyes for at least 10 minutes. The rose water will not only refresh the eyes but also relax your eyes to a great extent.
- Almond oil when massaged regularly below the eyes will help reduce the dark circles.
- Avoid using scrubs below the under eye area. Because the area around your eyes is sensitive, even the most mildest scrub may cause abrasions.
- Cucumber, potato and tomato slices are known to lighten the dark circles too.
- Take a teaspoon of tomato juice and mix about 4-5 drops of lemon juice in it. Dip cotton and apply around the eyes, wash off with cold water.
- If you love that beer or whisky, reduce the intake, alcohol is known to aggravate dark circles because it causes dehydration.
- Have a healthy diet. Eat a bowlful of salads that will flush the toxins and make your skin clear.
- Use a good under eye cream. I am reviewing Vaadi Under Eye cream soon as I liked it and my dark circles may not have vanished, but the skin is certainly clearer.
- If you are going out, invest in a good pair of dark shades that will protect your eyes from the harsh sunlight.
- If you use makeup, use a good quality concealer to hide those dark circles, I do not apply make up at all, so I won;t be able to help you with the kind of concealers that should be used.
- Use baby oil or olive oil to wipe off the eye shadows or the eye make up. Use a cotton ball dipped in the oil and use light strokes to clear the makeup.
Next Review: Vaadi Under Eye Cream
Pics have been sourced from the internet.
great post! natural beauty is always the best!
nice tips thanks
some tips for open pores on face pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Pratibha Pal says
Thanks for suggesting! Are you looking at some quick Do-It-Yourself tips? Let me know!
Pratibha Pal says
I’ll be writing a post for you soon!!
Would like to share one tip which i have used and found it really effective. I took ground gram flour (besan) which u can apply for face and mixed it with kastoori manjal (pure turmeric) powder that we get in shops. The ratio was 2 spoon besan : 1 spoon turmeric powder and kept i stored for few days. Mostly I prepared large quantities and stored in bottles. Everytime you have a bath, you can apply on your face and hands. When applying on face use circular motions with fingers especially around the eyelids. Within one month you can see the effect. Turmeric being anti-bacterial and besan a natural cleanser helped to keep my skin clear. This is now being regularly used by me and my teenage daughter.
This is an awesome tips! thanks so much for sharing!