I have used the Soundarya Ubtan from Forest Essentials earlier and was really pleased with the results. So, I decided to splurge and buy another product from Forest Essentials, this time it was the Revitalising Kashmiri Walnut Gel Scrub.
This has a very gel like consistency (very much as the name suggests). It has a very astringent type of a fragrance, almost like a very mild nail polish remover. Since it had a gel like consistency, it will not foam. I don’t know why but I got this fragrance of rose water too, but it is not one of the listed ingredients in the scrub.
The tiny granules of the walnut exfoliates really well, leaving your skin squeaky clean. Well, just a bit too squeaky clean. But I must add here that it leaves your skin really soft. I had used this scrub on my hands when I went to try it and the difference was right there for me to see it. That is one reason why I picked it up.
The packaging is in a sturdy plastic jar and the packaging is a travel friendly one. I thought that the packaging was a bit big for the quantity inside it. Since it is a 50 gm scrub, the packaging could have been smaller. The appearance is deceptive 🙂
Price and shelf life
This 50 gm tub is priced at Rs. 895 and comes with a shelf life of 1 year till unopened. Once it is opened, Forest Essentials recommends using it within 6 months.
Where can I buy it?
To buy it from the Forest Essentials site, click here. I bought this at the GVK Mall in Hyderabad.
Will I recommend it?
Despite the fact it is supposed to suit all skin types, it has not worked wonders on my skin and it has left my skin quite dry and stretchy. It is a mild scrub, despite that my skin was stinging a bit post the application. I’d give this one a skip. It could be good for people with oily skin, but a definite no – no for people with dry and combination skin.
I will stash this away and use it in the summer to check if this works for me. Maybe it is not the right scrub to use in the winter. It has a shelf life of 6 months post opening, so I can use it. That is a life saver, because I really don’t want to see something so expensive get wasted.
I can recommend a rebuy only after I use it in the summer!
About the product
Deep cleansing facial polisher also include scrubs with rich Organic fruit, roots, herbs and vegetables. These are natural exfoliators which leave the skin soft smooth and glowing.
• Deep cleanses • Exfoliates
An exfoliating scrub with finely milled Walnuts in a pure Aloe Vera and vitamin A and E packed gel base. While the Aloe Vera and Vitamins stimulate cell regeneration, the oil-rich Walnut has a deep cleansing action which brightens the complexion by gently removing dead cells and impurities.
• Recommended for all skin types.”
- Organic Honey: Natural humectant*, moisturizes and prevents moisture loss. Anti-aging, softening.
- Vitamin E – Protects Skin from UV rays and Pollution . Anti-aging.
- Walnut – The oil-rich walnut has a deep cleansing action, brightens the complexion by gently removing deal cells and impurities.
- Nagkeshar – Excellent anti-aging properties. reduces blemishes and pigmentation.
- Ashwagandha – Ashwagandha is anti-aging, anti-oxidant and astringent
- Sandalwood- Toning, astringent, purifying, helps even out skin texture.
- Apricot fruit – Softening, nourishing
- Dates – Nourishing, Firming
- Aloe vera Gel – Soothing, Moisturizing
How to use:
A small amount mixed with a fee drops of water to make the consistency spreadable.Use on face and neck with upward strokes for cleansing. rinse well. Gentle enough to be used everyday.
* A humectant is a substance used primarily in foods and cosmetic products to help retain moisture.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- 9 Recipes for Infused Water - October 23, 2017
- 12 posts for best Diwali ideas for home - October 15, 2017
- Biscotti Recipe – Cranberry and Almond Biscotti for Diwali - October 13, 2017