This post has not been written by me, but I loved its content, so I decided to share it. I chanced upon it while browsing through the web. Here is a list of five foods that guarantee to make your skin glow!
1. Green tea for acne-free skin : This wonder drink is full of antioxidants, which helps reduce inflammation and protect cell membranes. Green tea, considerably reduces damage caused by overexposure to ultraviolet light and sunburns. Sipping on green tea can also help in fighting acne as it lowers production of an acne producing hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Brewing up three to five cups of green tea every day is recommended to reap the full benefits for your skin.
2. Eggs to help repair skin cells: Crack open some eggs. Protein helps repair cells that have suffered free radical damage. Eggs, also contain biotin, an essential vitamin that protects against dry skin. Protein in eggs helps repair cells that have suffered free radical damage.Egg-white protein provides all of the twenty-two amino acids in balanced proportion with essential amino acids. The good news is egg-white protein contains no cholesterol!
3. Berries for protection against the harmful UV rays: Deeply coloured berries such as blackberries, blueberries, blackcurrant, raspberries, cranberries, strawberries and the likes are good food for your skin. Berries help the body construct collagen which makes the skin smooth and supple. Brimming with antioxidant, berries are effective in neutralising damaging free radicals (a leading cause of premature skin aging and cell damage) generated in the skin by excessive exposure to UV rays.
4. Brown rice for well-hydrated skin: Brown is definitely better than white rice. The fiber-packed brown rice and other whole grains work like a charm in getting blemish free and firm skin. Whole grains contain ceramides, the lipid molecules which help your skin maintain its moisture. Naturally occurring ceramides get incorporated into the outer layer of skin and help in maintaining its hydration.
5. Salmon to prevent premature ageing : A healthy skin desires essential fatty acids and most kinds of sea food have them in more or less amounts. As a premier source of omega-3 fatty acids, cold-water, oily fishes are laden with anti-inflammatory essential fatty acids. And salmon is an excellent example of that. People who ate diets rich in such foods have shown late appearance of skin wrinkling, as omega-3 fatty acids prevents the skin from drying out, keeping it supple and elastic for a longer time. If you don’t like fish, opt for fish oil capsules, at least.
Link to the original article : http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/photos/five-foods-that-can-make-your-skin-glow-slideshow/