I’ve found a site that houses quite a few products that are organic. The site is Natural Mantra. As Tina Datta from Natural Mantra , puts it ” We have sustainable products without the toxic chemicals. Hence we have natural, eco-friendly, handmade and also organic products.” They have multiple brands which gives the customer the advantage to compare between products and buy what suits them. The site has a mix of food, snacks,clothes, stationery, essential oils, soaps, shampoos, green games and lots more.
I placed an order that was a mixed bag of products: a bottle of jam, a curry powder that can be used in cooking, soaps, a shampoo bar and an aloevera gel. I found the site easy to navigate because the products were categorized well. One irritant factor was that I had to scroll down the page to view the description. If it was shown next to the product, it would have been better, because I am one of those consumers who flits between the image and description.
When I received the package one of the items that I had ordered was missing and NM chose to send it across asap. That was a gesture I appreciate, because some of the online portals I know would have probably issued a voucher of the same amount.
My ratings for Natural Mantra:
- Navigation: 4/5 – I could locate products and my searches showed what I was looking for. One drawback here was the product mix which I have mentioned below. They also have the popular brands listed, so if you know what brand you are looking for, your search gets a lot easier. Their categorization of the products makes it easy to locate products.
- Product range: 3.5/5 – This is just the start for them and I am sure that as time passes by more brands will be added. For ex, when I shopped by Category for Oily skin, only two products showed up, and they were soaps. If they have other products like a face wash or a scrub or even a body polish, I think it should be added in that category so that I can get to see a complete range of products available for oily skin.
- Brands: They have quite a few popular brands like Omved, Rustic Art, Aura Vedic, Soulflower, Ecofarms and Tvam to name a few.
- Would I recommend this site? : Yes, I don’t see a reason I should not. It has everything organic, good for a lifestyle, so why not?
- Would I buy again from NM? : This is an answer I would not want my better half to see :P, so obviously the answer is a yes 🙂 I have a list jotted down, will order in a phased manner though.
- Was the packaging good?: Yes, despite the fact that there was a glass jar in the package, it reached me safely. The glass jar was bubble wrapped so it could not have been damaged in transit.
- Was the delivery on time? : I received the order in 2 working days ( there was a Sunday and Holi in between which actually makes it 4 days, but since these days were holidays, I’ve taken into account just the working days) which is just about the duration any online purchase would take to get delivered. Again, here Nishant, the CEO of NM called personally to ask me if I had received the package which was a gesture well appreciated.
Also note that since the site is still under development, there are chances that you may encounter pages that do not have descriptions for the products. This can be an irritant because I had to google for the products.
Natural Mantra offers free shipping on all orders above INR 500. For orders lesser than the said amount a convenience fee is charged. To view the shipping details, click here.For this time I chose the COD option, the next time I will try out a different option.
Individual reviews of the products will be posted soon 🙂 And yes, if they have reviews on the products that should be highlighted on the main page so that a buyer knows exactly where the discounts are!
Note: I was given a discount voucher for buying products from NM, but that has not affected my review.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!