I am not the type who likes elaborate recipes. I need something that does not take much time and can be made in a matter of minutes. I hate the cooking on a slow flame for X mins, followed by cooking on a medium flame for X minutes types of recipes. I can’t even to save my life do that type of cooking. But yes, I still like to cook, once in a while, lest my boys grew up to not recollect eating “maa ke haath ka khana”! This is another absolutely simple recipe that my boys love! This is a recipe shared by a friend, yes the same one I run to whenever my creativity is at its zilch. This is fairly simple to make and does not take much time. What goes in it Not much, most ingredients will be available at your home anyway, but here is the list what goes in this simple pancake.
- 6-8 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- milk according to the consistency required
- salt and pepper according to taste
- one cube of cheese
- about 25 gms of butter or a tablespoon of olive oil
- A pinch of grated nutmeg (optional)
- Finely chopped onions (optional)
What next? Blend all of this to a smooth paste. You can add milk later on also, so just be careful about the amount of milk you use when you add everything in the blender. It should not be a very thin consistency and it should not be very thick either. Heat a flat bottomed pan and brush it with butter. You’ll need just a bit because you already have butter in the batter. Spread the batter on the pan and let it cook. If you want to add the onions, add it now. Let it cook on one side and then flip it over. Once it is nice and brown, take it off the the pan and serve with some tomato sauce.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- 12 posts for best Diwali ideas for home - October 15, 2017
- Biscotti Recipe – Cranberry and Almond Biscotti for Diwali - October 13, 2017
- Recipes with Nutreat Kids products - October 11, 2017