A few days ago I wrote a post on how Traditional Knowledge came to my rescue when I was searching for the right massage oil for my prematurely born boys. With being premature came another problem that was evident, a low immunity. A good deal of the growing up years was spent rushing to the doctor and a round of antibiotics when an infection became severe. Most of the times, with the changing season it was common for my boys to catch a cough, cold or a fever. As a parent, I am sure that you will agree that there is nothing more sad than to see an ill kid.
As soon I sensed a change in the season I resorted to the age old remedies to avoid the sickness bit, whether it was in the form of the age old kadha made with a mix of basil ( tulsi) leaves, peppercorns and ginger or my favourite pepper corn and jaggery pellets that were the perfect substitutes to tackle the illness. This was the momentary help that kept the numerous rounds of coughs and colds at bay, but I knew that I needed a long term solution that would nip these issues in the bud and help my boys grow stronger and build a strong immunity.
I knew the basic thing that had to be tackled and that was immunity. When I had given Dabur Chywanprash to the boys two years ago, they did not quite like it and refused to eat it. Maybe they were too young to develop the taste for it. I stopped forcing them to eat it and that is one mistake that I will regret for a long time. If I had been a persistent mom, the immunity would have been much stronger now. But I took it as a learning and I resolved never to make that mistake again.
I started giving Dabur Chyawanprash again when the recent scare of hand and foot disease began to make its presence felt in India. With the viruses getting severe as the seasons change, I knew that the boys had to build the immunity NOW !! The boys are close to five years old and they have been exposed to the environment of a big school. With a big school means more exposure to various bacteria that can cause illness.
It has been barely 4 months since I started giving Dabur Chywanprash to the boys. What I notice is the bouts of illness are shorter, I would be lying if I said thanks to Dabur Chyawanprash they are absolutely fit and fine and have never fallen ill ever since. But the truth is that they are getting there. The damage that has happened for the past few years needs to be first undone and that will take time. Maybe a few weeks, a few months or even a year. I have no idea, but what I know is that I am willing to wait.
What is more important is that the path for the right decision to make my boys a part of Immune India, thanks to Dabur Chyawanprash has started. As a mother, I pledge for an overall development and the best of health for my children. Dabur Chyawanprash for me is the start of journey to health and happiness. The journey is long, but the results will be positive, that is a mother’s affirmation. Join me in the Immune India pledge, will you?
P. S : And did I mention that I eat this too? As a mother, I need that strength to keep me going and managing twin boys and living up to their demands is no easy feat.
The goodness of Dabur Chyawanprash
Dabur Chyawanprash has anti-oxidant properties & strengthens your body’s internal defense mechanism, the immune system, thereby protecting you from everyday infections, cough, cold & stress etc.
At a time when flu and viruses are everywhere, your immunity system provides the best prevention from these deadly diseases. Chyawanprash, a time-tested, age-old formulation has a number of herbs like Amla, known to be one of the best antioxidants, Giloy (Guduchi) known to have immuno modulatory properties, and has more than 40 other natural ingredients, to boost immunity.
What is in it?
- Amla :- Amla Fruit is rich in Vitamin C and Pectin. Tannins present in it retard the oxidation of Vitamin C. It is well known fact that pectin decreases Serum Cholesterol in human beings. It inhibits Platelets aggregation and lowers cholesterol levels. It is a tonic, has a haematinic and lipalytic function useful in Scurvy and Jaundice, prevents Indigestion and controls acidity as well as it’s a natural source of anti-ageing. It is one of the supplements used in hyperacidity and Liver disorders. It stops premature graying or hair-loss encourages nail and hair growth, improves eye-sight, cleanses the mouth, and nourishes the teeth, bones. Cleanses the intestine and regulates blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha :- It modulates body functionality so as to control stress and regulate immunity.
- Pippali :- It helps in cough and other respiratory problems and also strengthens lungs functions.
- Kesar :- It energises the body and also makes the skin look radiant.
- Guduchi :– It makes us strongers both physically and mentally. It also has astringent properties which rejuvenates our immune system.
- Karkatsringi :- It beneficial for recurrent cough and cold.
- Satavari :- It’s helps to promote general health and increases stamina. It improves itelligence and it very useful in improving eyesight.
- Bala/ Vidarikand :- It helps to fight general weakness and gives strength and stamina.
Follow Me On…
*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. If it is a sponsored post, it is indicated. Most of the brands and products reviewed are what I have tried and tested and truly recommend! All Photographs are (C) Pratibha unless stated otherwise.*