A few days ago I wrote a post on how Traditional Knowledge came to my rescue when I was searching for the right massage oil for my prematurely born boys. With being premature came another problem that was evident, a low immunity. A good deal of the growing up years was spent rushing to the doctor and a round of antibiotics when an infection became severe. Most of the times, with the changing season it was common for my boys to catch a cough, cold or a fever. As a parent, I am sure that you will agree that there is nothing more sad than to see an ill kid.
As soon I sensed a change in the season I resorted to the age old remedies to avoid the sickness bit, whether it was in the form of the age old kadha made with a mix of basil ( tulsi) leaves, peppercorns and ginger or my favourite pepper corn and jaggery pellets that were the perfect substitutes to tackle the illness. This was the momentary help that kept the numerous rounds of coughs and colds at bay, but I knew that I needed a long term solution that would nip these issues in the bud and help my boys grow stronger and build a strong immunity.
I knew the basic thing that had to be tackled and that was immunity. When I had given Dabur Chywanprash to the boys two years ago, they did not quite like it and refused to eat it. Maybe they were too young to develop the taste for it. I stopped forcing them to eat it and that is one mistake that I will regret for a long time. If I had been a persistent mom, the immunity would have been much stronger now. But I took it as a learning and I resolved never to make that mistake again.
I started giving Dabur Chyawanprash again when the recent scare of hand and foot disease began to make its presence felt in India. With the viruses getting severe as the seasons change, I knew that the boys had to build the immunity NOW !! The boys are close to five years old and they have been exposed to the environment of a big school. With a big school means more exposure to various bacteria that can cause illness.
It has been barely 4 months since I started giving Dabur Chywanprash to the boys. What I notice is the bouts of illness are shorter, I would be lying if I said thanks to Dabur Chyawanprash they are absolutely fit and fine and have never fallen ill ever since. But the truth is that they are getting there. The damage that has happened for the past few years needs to be first undone and that will take time. Maybe a few weeks, a few months or even a year. I have no idea, but what I know is that I am willing to wait.
What is more important is that the path for the right decision to make my boys a part of Immune India, thanks to Dabur Chyawanprash has started. As a mother, I pledge for an overall development and the best of health for my children. Dabur Chyawanprash for me is the start of journey to health and happiness. The journey is long, but the results will be positive, that is a mother’s affirmation. Join me in the Immune India pledge, will you?
P. S : And did I mention that I eat this too? As a mother, I need that strength to keep me going and managing twin boys and living up to their demands is no easy feat.
Dabur Chyawanpash is an aid to good health, to ensure that this amazing and traditional Ayurvedic preparation works best for you all the time, follow these 5 rules for an assured immune body
- Eat right – Include loads of veggies and fruits in your diet. Cook your food with less oil and use olive oil if possible.
- Get in shape – Exercise for at least 30 – 45 minutes in a day, Do some brisk walking or indulge in yoga. A fit body is a healthy body.
- Sleep well : Try and get uninterrupted sleep for at least 6 hours through the night to rest your tired body.
- Say bye to stress – A stressed mind can bog you down. Do something you love to reduce the stress levels.
- Be hygienic: Whether it is washing your hands or sanitizing the hands to keep the germs at bay, do it regularly to combat infections.
The goodness of Dabur Chyawanprash
Dabur Chyawanprash has anti-oxidant properties & strengthens your body’s internal defense mechanism, the immune system, thereby protecting you from everyday infections, cough, cold & stress etc.
At a time when flu and viruses are everywhere, your immunity system provides the best prevention from these deadly diseases. Chyawanprash, a time-tested, age-old formulation has a number of herbs like Amla, known to be one of the best antioxidants, Giloy (Guduchi) known to have immuno modulatory properties, and has more than 40 other natural ingredients, to boost immunity.
What is in it?
- Amla :- Amla Fruit is rich in Vitamin C and Pectin. Tannins present in it retard the oxidation of Vitamin C. It is well known fact that pectin decreases Serum Cholesterol in human beings. It inhibits Platelets aggregation and lowers cholesterol levels. It is a tonic, has a haematinic and lipalytic function useful in Scurvy and Jaundice, prevents Indigestion and controls acidity as well as it’s a natural source of anti-ageing. It is one of the supplements used in hyperacidity and Liver disorders. It stops premature graying or hair-loss encourages nail and hair growth, improves eye-sight, cleanses the mouth, and nourishes the teeth, bones. Cleanses the intestine and regulates blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha :- It modulates body functionality so as to control stress and regulate immunity.
- Pippali :- It helps in cough and other respiratory problems and also strengthens lungs functions.
- Kesar :- It energises the body and also makes the skin look radiant.
- Guduchi :– It makes us strongers both physically and mentally. It also has astringent properties which rejuvenates our immune system.
- Karkatsringi :- It beneficial for recurrent cough and cold.
- Satavari :- It’s helps to promote general health and increases stamina. It improves itelligence and it very useful in improving eyesight.
- Bala/ Vidarikand :- It helps to fight general weakness and gives strength and stamina.
This post is written for the Immune India Contest by Dabur Chyawanprash and Indiblogger.
Follow Me On…
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST |elephant journal
*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. If it is a sponsored post, it is indicated. Most of the brands and products reviewed are what I have tried and tested and truly recommend! All Photographs are (C) Pratibha unless stated otherwise.*
Anjali pant says
Good Morning Prats ! 🙂
Honestly , I could not rely on Dabur. When we compare its products with the cosmetic ones , we conclude that it’s good. However we miss something in between , that is “relatively good”. In my opinion it’s not even relatively good. All marketing stunts. Just look at its rose water – full of chemicals. And people go mad after Dabur Gulabri , taking it as an ultimate refuge against dull and dark skin. I remember , a few years back , when I was not aware about the organic stuff , I was really impressed by its Uveda launch , which was promoted by Vidya Balan. In fact I did try some of their products , and I was quite okay with it , until I came across the reality of the harmful ingredients present in almost all commercial products. Moreover their beauty range , as far as I remember , does not disclose the full list of ingredients.
Anyways , since I haven’t done any research on Chyawanprash , I will not comment on it. It may be good , it may be not. Moreover , it’s not just about how well they project their products. It’s also about the overall brand profile , it’s other products , the credibility of its ingredients and last but not the least faith. And , personally , as I do not have a faith on Dabur , I will prefer Organic India’s ChyawNprash ( even though it’s quite expensive ) over the Dabur one. Else I’ll search for something economic and reliable.
Have a good day ! 😀
Anjali pant says
And yes , I forgot to mention : a really well written and well descriptive post. Keep up the good work Prats ! 🙂
Eating Chyawanprash is a tradition in most of our households. I think we tend to take it for granted but after reading your post I have realized how good it is for us to take it regularly. Best of luck!!
Dr. Lawrence Kindo says
Well written and insightful. All the best!
You can read my post at Towards an Immune India
Thanks, did and voted for it too 🙂
Neeraj Kumar says
Really wonderful post about thwarting challenges posed by infections
Nicely written Pratbha, I remember my mum trying to make us eat even a spoonful of this stuff 🙂 All the best to you!
My boys are still trying to get to like the taste!
Bhagya saikia says
I have very much stomach problems and having lose motion problems very much but when I started to take dabur chyawanprash regularly it keeps me healthy and fit now I have no problem about my stomach and any kind of diseases. Thanks to my mom and dabur chywanprash.
Hi Pratibha, can this be given to 2 1/2 year old kid. Thanks
I have seen many unreliable ratings based on Dabur Chyawanprash. Don’t you think it is a little suspicious that it has so many not-so- natural substances? What happened to the old tested Chyawanprash recipes? Ive only found luck in Nature’s Formulary Chyawanprash. Its an all natural, wildcrafted product. It uses no artificial colors preservatives or additives. I would much rather put something natural in my body. Its gluten free and vegetarian…actually their whole line is. Im unsure about the whole rave about these other huge companies, when smaller companies maintain better practices.