Did you know that there are many benefits of massaging your skin on a regular basis? You can use lotions, oils, or cleansing balms with facial massages, as well as a face roller or a flat gua sha tool. You should never massage your face without oils or creams. Massaging on dry skin can cause your skin to get inflamed. A regular facial massage helps to not just promote healthy skin, but also aids in promoting soft, supple and healthy skin while also relaxing your facial muscles.
Can you massage your skin everyday?
Skin care experts advise on a facial massage at home 2-3 times a week. However, gentle massaging everyday for 5-10 minutes does no harm to your skin. It helps in promoting blood circulation and fading fine lines over time.
Benefits of Massaging your Skin
Massaging your face is another essential practice for healthy skin and can also be really relaxing! While being an effective way to counter wrinkles, massaging is a slow process. It’s results are obvious only if it is practiced regularly for an extended period of time. There is no doubt that massage is highly beneficial for tightening facial tissues. The benefits of massaging your skin helps increasing blood flow, stimulating nerves and thus, boosting collagen production.
Massage is most effective if the skin is thoroughly cleansed first. Remove all traces of makeup, otherwise particles of dirt will end up blocking the pores of the skin. If the skin is oily, then remove oiliness by applying cleansing milk or some astringent lotion. If the skin is dry, use a good moisturizer before massaging it. You can use a face oil or a cream to moisturize your skin before you start the massage.
Dab the oil or moisturizer and use slight pressure on the skin to give it a basic massage. Make sure to hold the skin firmly and apply even pressure. The massage should start from the neck and move upwards ending at the forehead or temples. Veins and tissues get an increased flow of oxygen/ blood supply by this process. The skin around the eyes is delicate. So use an eye cream and use your finger tips to massage around the eye area. A facial oil or a cream takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get absorbed. So ensure the massage should continue that long. Gently wipe off excess cream when finished.
The Art of Massaging
There are many benefits of massaging your skin. Here are some techniques that you can follow when you massage your skin.
- Slow Massage – This is the most common method of massage and the most relaxing. The secret is to massage slowly while patting the skin. Using the fleshy part of your finger tips, press the skin lightly with a slow, stroking motion. The process starts at the base of the neck at a slow speed. Stroking gives rest to the nerves.
- Fast Massage – Use the front half of both the palms to massage at speed. You need to take care to make a circular motion upwards.
- Pressure Massage – In this method you need slow, deep pressure applied by the fingertips. It is very effective for removing pouches beneath eyes.
- Stroking Massage – Stroke your cheeks with fingertips. Apply the strokes from the nose to the temples on both sides.
- Pinching Massage – This technique is effective for a sagging chin or wrinkles on the jawline. The skin is held, as in pinchers, between the thumb and fingers and gently massaged.
- Piano Playing Movements – This exercise develops facial muscles and makes them firm. Use your finger tips to massage the entire face, especially the cheek area.
These are some benefits of massaging your skin everyday. Try using face tools to boost blood circulation and drain out the toxins to reveal younger and fresher looking skin.
This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon.