Alright, these are actually supposed to be made as muffins. Since I did not have a muffin tray, I decided to bake it as a whole cake. And I am superbly happy with the result! I’ve made a banana cake earlier, but this was the first time I was trying something with chocolate chips. And without digressing, here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup sugar measured and powdered
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas ( I mashed two)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted ( I took butter that was really soft)
- 1/4 cup milk – I used whole fat milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips ( I chopped up some dark chocolate that was at home)
- Pre heat the oven at 170 degrees celsius for about 6 minutes.
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar and the baking powder. keep aside.
- Mix the banana, milk, egg and the butter together. I used a hand blender and blended it for about 3 minutes, alternating between the speeds.
- Now, add this mixture to the mixed dry ingredients. Do not use the blender now. Mix it well. Add the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into greased muffin trays or the cake tray. Bake for about 35 minutes.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!