Whenever I am stressed, I am overcome with this urge to cook something. Strangely, it helps me relax. Today I baked a banana bread with chocolate chips. This is one of the most simplest recipes that I have come across. Here is the recipe and some pics. My boys totally love this bread. It is most easy to make and vanishes almost as soon as it is out of the oven.
I dunked in about half a cup of chocolate chips. Since there were a lot of chocolates in the house , I used a mix of these.
- 3-4 bananas
- 1/4th tsp salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- chocolate chips – half a cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
- 1 cup sugar
Mash the bananas. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well with a dry wooden spoon. Add the chocolate chips. Fold in.
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Butter the cake tin and pour the batter. Bake for 50 minutes or till the pierced toothpick comes out clean.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- 12 posts for best Diwali ideas for home - October 15, 2017
- Biscotti Recipe – Cranberry and Almond Biscotti for Diwali - October 13, 2017
- Recipes with Nutreat Kids products - October 11, 2017