One of the most craziest tasks I have in my life is to get my boys to eat their food. They have a varied taste in food, while I would succumb earlier to make something that each one liked, I realized it was not the wisest thing to do in the long run. And being a WAHM, I need to best utilize my time and also ensure the kids are not ignored. I have this friend, who cooks some awesome meals for her boys and she is my SOS! This recipe is what I borrowed from her. Her son loves it and she guaranteed that my sons would love it too and she was right! And here is the recipe.
Awesome Veggie Cutlets
What I use:
- 1 cup of chopped veggies – I dunk in as many veggies as I can. The more, the merrier! Use cabbage, carrots cauliflower and beans. Chop these finely and boil it in the microwave till it is soft or pressure cook it for two whistles on high flame. Add a cup of chopped spinach leaves in what ever mode you are cooking the veggies.
- 2 – 3 boiled potatoes – I grate the boiled potatoes
- butter – 2 tsps
- ginger – 1/2 tsp grated
- 2 -3 tbsp maida (or lesser, depending on the consistency)
- salt and pepper according to taste
- chat masala – optional (1/2 tsp)
- juice of half a lime
Once the veggies are boiled, mash them well. Heat a saucepan or a kadhai and add butter to it. Just as the butter starts to melt add the ginger and saute for less than a minute. Add the mashed veggies and cook it till the water is absorbed. Add salt and pepper. Add the mashed potatoes and mix it well. Add chat masala and squeeze the juice of half a lime.
Just when you are about to take off the mixture from the gas, add the maida and mix it well. You can cool this and shape them as oval cutlets or use a mould to shape the shape the cutlets. Saute it.
Tip : My friend makes small bite sized balls from this mixture and dips it in a whisked egg, rolls in it bread crumbs and fries it for her kids. You can try this as a variant too.
Serve hot with tomato sauce. And if your kid loves it ( which I am sure, they will) did you notice the amount of veggies they would have eaten?
Note: This post of mine first appeared in the FirstCryBlog.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- 12 posts for best Diwali ideas for home - October 15, 2017
- Biscotti Recipe – Cranberry and Almond Biscotti for Diwali - October 13, 2017
- Recipes with Nutreat Kids products - October 11, 2017