Prerna, from TheMomwrites, recently wrote a post on how important a detox was in the sedentary lifestyles that most of us lead. Well, at least I lead a horribly sedentary life with my only exercise regime being the morning walk I indulge in. I had experimented with loads of detox drinks in the summer, but the winter is something different. You need something warm to drink and the cooler versions don’t really work. Listed are two warm drinks that you need to have this winter to keep your body warm and stay healthy. Not just that it has loads health benefits too! Interested to know more? Read on and let’s get ready to detox!
1. The Warm Water and Lemon Drink
All of us have tried this at some point of time in our lives because we were told it the miracle drink is *the drink to lose weight*.
But do you know why you should drink it apart from just being able to lose weight? When you wake up after the 8 hours of sleep, there are high chances that your body is actually dehydrated. Lemon juice contains citric acid that is an important ingredient which can help your body enzymes function. This helps to stimulate the liver and start the process of detox. And you are also drinking water with the juice of a lime, so in that process you are also ensuring that your body gets hydration.
Research states that people who drink lemon water in the morning report that they experience a big mental boost and have increased energy! Wouldn’t you want to be one of them?
The juice of a lemon is loaded with the goodness of Vitamin C and that is good enough to work as a great antioxidant to boost your immunity.
How do you make it?
Simple warm a mug of water and squeeze the juice of one fresh lime into it. Want a variation? Add half a teaspoon of organic honey.
I was introduced to this drink very recently and I must say that I have already incorporated it into my everyday regime. Coriander, Fennel and Cumin Drink. Superbly simple to make, this drink not only strengthens the metabolism and and your immunity but is the best drink in to keep the sluggishness at bay, especially in winter. I have also noticed that it helps me relax.
How do you make this?
This proportion is enough for one mug of the drink. Since I get lazy really fast, I make at least 500 ml of this drink and store it in a flask and pour out how much I want to drink for the first half of the day.
- Boil 500 ml of water and take it off the gas.
- Add the whole cumin, coriander, and fennel seeds. (1 and a half teaspoon each)
- Let these seeds steep in the water for at least 5 – 7 minutes. Keep in covered.
- Let the water reach a temperature where you can drink it.
- Strain and pour the quantity you want in a cup and store the rest in a flask to drink it all through the day.
Tip: If you are drinking this for the first time, I suggest that you start with just half a cup, so adjust the measurements accordingly.
What are the amazing benefits of coriander seeds, fennels seeds and cumin seeds?
- Coriander seeds are helps improve the process of digestion, helps curb menstrual irregularities and can help ease a constipation condition.
- Fennel seeds are rich in antioxidants, helps to keep cholesterol at bay, enhances the production of red blood cells, and controls the heart rate and blood pressure.
- Cumin seeds are rich in anti-bacterial properties and can help tackle that lingering common cold and cough because it provides heat to your system. So all the mucous is never stored in your body. Regular consumption of cumin is known to aid in digestion and also keeps nausea and morning sickness at bay.
Now that you know of the awesome health benefits, would you not like to incorporate these into your daily regime?
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- 7 Ways Parents Turn Their Child Into a Spoilt Brat - February 1, 2019
- The Ultimate Green Living Hamper for 2019 - January 21, 2019
- How a WhatsApp rumour spoilt my medicine cabinet - January 17, 2019