With the winter chills setting in, it is important to keep your skin moisturised all the time. Here are some tips that you can use to keep the dryness at bay.
1. Rice and sesame scrub : Soak equal amounts of uncooked rice and sesame seeds in water for about 4 hours. Grind this into a very slight coarse paste. ( It should be just short of a very fine paste). Use this as a scrub all over your body after you have had a bath. Keep on for about 2 minutes and wash with warm water. The sesame seeds let out oils that make your skin smooth and soft. It keeps your skin moisturised for almost the whole day. You can use this scrub at least thrice a week.
2. Warm massages: Massage your hair with warm oil at least twice a week. Don’t keep it overnight because you may catch a chill. Wash with a mild shampoo and follow up with a conditioner. Warm oil massages will keep dandruff away.
3. Moisturise: Lather your body with generous amounts of moisturisers. I use and would recommend Dream Cream or Karma Kream by Lush that keeps the body soft all through the day.
4. Use lip balms: Use a good quality lip balm that will avoid cracking of lips, ditto for the heels. Use creams like Krack that will nourish your feel throughout the day.
And yes, good a sound night sleep to feel fresh!
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- The Quint: Hair and Skin Masks for Monsoon - September 16, 2017
- Top 5 Organic Skincare Brands in India - September 7, 2017
- 15 Benefits Of Almond Oil For Skin, Hair And Health - September 4, 2017