Welcome the month of love! Everywhere I see are promos that ask you to declare your feelings for your loved one. I switch on the radio and I am greeted with a jingle asking me if I shopped for the special person as yet. I switch on the television and I see an advertisement gently coaxing me to go buy the right gift and ditto with the newspapers. It’s all about spreading the love.
Honestly, I have nothing against the love business, but the ads also made me think and stop for a moment and ask myself these questions:
- Do I love myself?
- Am I happy with myself?
- Do I have faith in myself?
- When was the last time I appreciated myself?
No, I don’t mean when someone appreciated me. I could not for the life of me remember when was the last time that I felt good about myself. I know that I belong to the category of people who cannot feel good about themselves. Starts with me believing that the job wasn’t well done or that post could have been written better. Get the drift? The list is endless.
I knew that I had to start somewhere. Not the next week or the day after or even tomorrow. If I had to start loving myself, it had to be NOW. At this moment. So, with all that said, this month I decided to celebrate love with a tiny twist. I decided to love myself all of this month (and also buy gifts for myself!). Yes, I know Love does make the world go round, but the love begins from you and from within. Treat yourself well, love yourself and watch the miracles unfold.
To keep the “love myself” bit more interesting, I surfed the internet for some quotes that would tide me not just through this month, but for years to come. These quotes that resonate with my feelings at this moment and I am sharing it with you.
1. “You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” ~ Buddha
2. It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary. ~Mandy Hale.
3. Don’t forget to fall in love with yourself first. ~Carrie Bradshaw
4. Love yourself to love another ~ Anon
5. And the most powerful of them all, ““Let today be the day you love yourself enough to no longer just dream of a better life; let it be the day you act upon it.” ~ Steve Maraboli
Make a board of these lovely quotes or have them as your screensaver. Let it be in a place where you can see it constantly and remind yourself what an awesome person you are! When you believe this, you will love yourself with abundance.
Which is your favourite feel good post? Have you written one or read one somewhere that you’ve saved and visit to read often? Share the link and spread the love!
Find me on…
*Most of the brands and products reviewed are what I have tried and tested and truly recommend! If it is a sponsored post, it is indicated. All Photographs are (C) Pratibha unless stated otherwise.*
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- Clothes shopping for children - May 13, 2017
- Best homemade natural scrubs to remove tan - May 2, 2017
- Best natural diaper rash creams in India for your baby - April 27, 2017