I was introduced to Omved about a year and a half ago, when a particularly enchanting aroma led me to the Omved store in the mall. It was not the fragrance that attracted me, but the calmness in the aroma that was bliss. They had just burnt the dhoop in the store and every breath I inhaled was beautiful! And thus, began my journey of being introduced to the world of PURE LIVING.
When you know the worth of a pure product and especially when you are a mom you begin to understand the importance of pure and natural living. Omved is a part of my daily life, whether is their soaps and scrubs, clothes and candles, the dhoops and roll ons or the awesome lip balms. Let me let you peek into my Omved world. Let me introduce you my top 5 products I love from Omved, not necessarily, just for me.
1. Skin Care : I am in love with the face packs and ubtans. My favourite pick has to be the All skin Types ubtan. Honestly, I have forgotten the number of people I gifted this to. This is by far one of the best natural cleanser and exfoliator that I have come across. Dunk that face wash and switch to this, honestly, you won’t ever need anything else for your face. There is this lingering fragrance of camphor in this scrub that I have begun to love. The best part is that you can use this as a scrub and as a mask. My preferred usage is the scrub, because it doubles up as a face wash. Try it once and you will never regret it!
2. The kiddie range: Yes, they have an entire range for kids right from tees, to organic razai’s, compresses, soaps and onesies. Surprised? Don’t be! I use a lot of their products for my twin boys and my nephew. My boys totally love the fragrance of the Cuddles and Comfort Lotion, the body wash and the soaps. These products are specially formulated for children. I love the range of products for their pureness. The lotions keep the skin absolutely nourished.
Look up the ingredient list of your kid’s body lotion, if you find paraben listed, it is time you dunk it, because it is just not healthy for them. Switch to something that will keep them away from the harsh chemicals.
3. Dhoops : This one gets me back to my childhood! Really, the dhoops remind me of what my nani would burn at her home in the evenings. This is a perfect alternative to not only cleanse your home but also fill it with the goodness of the aroma it leaves behind. I use the dhoop varieties at least thrice a week. My favourite one is Nirvat followed by Tejate and Shuddhi. Trust me this fragrance is a lot better than the commercial air fresheners that are available in the market and a tin of dhoop if used thrice a week should last you at least 2 months. Isn’t that economical?
4. Foot soak and moisturiser: There is nothing more relaxing than soaking your feet in a pail of hot water with some foot awesome soak that refreshes you instantly. If you want to experience that, but the Omved Tired Foot Soak that is just the right remedy for tired feet. The yummy fragrance of peppermint is
almost invigorating and the salts work magic. The moisturiser ( I am on the second bottle now) is something I will stick on to for a really long time. It worked wonders in the winter for me and even though I need just half the quantity in the summers, I still use it to keep my skin hydrated.
5. Soaps: How can I miss this? I love the collection of soaps that they have for kids! I’ve used just one for myself, but wasn’t too please with it, so I switched to having soaps just for my boys. Berry Mantra used to be my absolute favourite till I discovered Amulya and the Mrudu bath bars. Why do I love these? Simple, as a mom I would want the best for my kids and what is better than giving them a life free of harsh chemicals that can wreak havoc on their tender skins. If you are a mom, you must have this for your kids!
That was all about what I love about Omved. Limiting it to five is sad because I can’t talk about the other wonderful stuff they have. Let me save that for another post! But before I wrap up, here is a little something just for you.
Use the coupon code 557270a to avail a 100 INR off on a minimum purchase of 500 INR*. The first five people who use this code to shop get a little surprise from Omved! Happy Shopping people! The coupon is valid from 14th March 2013 and for one time use only. The coupon code expires on 14th April.
*Offer valid only when shopping from the Omved Store
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- Clothes shopping for children - May 13, 2017
- Best homemade natural scrubs to remove tan - May 2, 2017
- Best natural diaper rash creams in India for your baby - April 27, 2017