When you are a mother to twins, you can actually wave a goodbye to any time for yourself, maybe that explains why I manage to get a facial once a year at a nice salon. Till I get to visit the salon, I need to depend on the quick fixes at home. While the Omved All Purpose Ubtan and the cleansers like Herbalism and Aqua Marina from Lush are my favourites, I do try to use ingredients in my kitchen as well. Here are some really easy cleansers and face masks that you can make and use at home. I need to add here that I include a cup of green tea that I take with half a tsp of honey and half a cup of freshly brewed herbal tea that I try to include in my diet as often as I can.
1. Take a handful of grapes ( yes, I see a lot of grapes in the market now and I realised it was the season for this mask :)) and blend it coarsely. Add half a tsp of honey in it and apply on the face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water. Follow it up with a moisturiser. Grapes are not only delicious, they are packed with the goodness of vitamin C, vitamin B6, thiamin, and antioxidants. So do eat them while the season lasts!
2. For oily skin, you can take a tablespoon each of lemon juice, grape juice and mint juice. Apply on the face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes. Now wash this with cold rose water ( dip a couple of ice cubes in a bowl of water if you can and add a few drops of rose water). You will feel refreshed!
3. This is an excellent skin whitening mask that my friend uses, I am yet to try this one, but nevertheless, I’m listing it for you. Take the juice of a lime and mix it with 2 tablespoons of flour ( white) and add water till it becomes a thick paste that can be applied smoothly. Apply on face and neck and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Repeat this at least twice a week to lighten your skin.
4. An excellent mask is also the juice of a tomato mixed with flour and the juice of a lime. Mix it till it is a a thick paste that can be applied smoothly. Apply on face and neck and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Wash with cold water.
That’s about it for the day! Will be back with more reviews really soon!
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- How to Make Your Own Natural Vapor Rub - June 26, 2017
- 7 Harmful Ingredients In Baby Products - June 20, 2017
- Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Brightening Ayurvedic Face Scrub Review - June 14, 2017