The summer is back! And it is harsher than ever. I have to put up with two boys who refuse to step out from the house because they fear that there may be no AC where they go! No matter of cajoling , prodding, bribing or threatening gets them out of their room. We also need to ensure that our body is hydrated sufficiently. If most of you are not as fussy as my boys, here are some thumb rules to follow in the summer to ensure that you sail through the summer like a breeze 🙂
- Hydrate : Drink lots of water. Yes, you need a minimum of three litres of water to keep yourself hydrated. Drink a lot of fluids too, tender coconut water, fresh fruit juices will not only cleanse your system, but also provide you with the right amount of hydration.
- Minimising exposure the sun: Invest in a good sunscreen that can be applied even when you are inside the house. Did you know that even if you are inside the house, you are still vulnerable to the UV rays?
- Control Stress : Even you know that when you are stressed it can lead to various kinds of skin problems. Stress weakens your immune system and leads to breakouts like a rash or acne. Control the stress in your life by concentrating on your priorities and doing things that can relax your body. Like a jog? Go run that extra mile or calm your self with yoga.
- Exfoliate: Yes, exfoliating your skin is extremely important in the summers too. Ensure that you use a good quality body and face scrub to get rid of those dead cells. Do not mix facial scrubs with body scrubs. Body scrubs are harsher and can damage the sensitive skin of your face. And the facial scrubs are milder so they may not really exfoliate your body well!
- Using the right lip balms : It is a myth that lip balms are used only in winters. Use it in summers too to prevent your lips from chapping. Using a lip balm regularly will keep your lips soft and supple. You can buy some good lip balms here.
- Using sunscreens: And whether you go out or not, apply sunscreens to protect your body from the harmful UV rays. Do invest in a good quality sunscreen. You can buy some really good sunscreens here.
- Use wipes: Ensure that you have a packet of mild wipes in your bag if your job requires you to be in the move. Kara skin wipes are very good cleansers and they also keep you refreshed. There are a wide variety of these wipes available. You can also buy them here.
- Scrubbing the lips: Don’t miss the lips! Use a mild scrub to exfoliate your lips regularly. If you can’t find a lip scrub, you can try this DIY scrub which is very easy to make. Take half a teaspoon of very fine sugar mix this with a teaspoon of olive oil. Scrub your lips with this to exfoliate them. Wipe it off with a tissue paper or with warm water. Your lips will feel moisturized.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!