I came across a page on FB, Goodlife accidentally and discovered their webpage. It has been launched recently ( should be about 3 months old) and was pleasantly surprised to see that they had quite a few things to offer. Since I was about to go for a wedding and had no time to shop, I decided to order, three things that I felt should be important. A blush, compact and a lipstick. ( For those who are muttering, ” What??? Is that it?”, let me tell you, I am a what I consider a very low maintenance woman:) )
Where I shopped from:
Site URL: www.goodlife.com
Ease of Navigation: Yes. 5/5. I could locate all that I wanted very easily. And the best part is that they have categories that you need to check and your search narrows down condiserably. So you don’t really need to go through a hazaar products that you do not want to buy.
Products: Good collection. But I guess, they could do with adding more brands!
Customer Care: 5/5 I found the customer care very friendly and they were ready to answer my queries via phone and chat.
Delivery: 5/5Was within the timeframe mentioned 🙂
Would I recommend this site: Certainly, yes
Now, my review about the products. When I had selected the products, call it a coincidence, but all that I had selected were from Maybelline. What I bought was:
- Maybelline Moisture Extreme – Wine Divine Rs. 211.20 against Rs. 220
- Maybelline White Stay UV pressed Fairness Compact Powder – FawnRs. 144.00 against Rs. 150.00
- Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush – Soft Plum – Rs. 196.80 against Rs. 205.00
1. Maybelline Moisture Extreme – Wine Divine: The colour was the same as shown on the website. So that was a good thing! I like dark shades and the name speaks for itself. It is a long lasting colour that moisturises the lips. I use lipsticks very rarely. I am more comfortable with my daily use lip balm. (Since I am a stay at home mum, I don’t really need to apply the lipstick everyday!) I found the packaging very sleek, loved the brown colour it has and you can just dunk it in your purse/sling or even your jeans. It shuts with a click and you need to give it a slight pull to open it. ( This is a good part because most toddlers can’t open it! )
It is a colour that is likely to suit all skin tones. Since I am on the wheatish side, I refrain from picking up light colours. This lipstick did not have a fragrance and it glides over your lips. It gives your lips a nice creamy feel and it has a built in lip balm that nourishes your lips.
Cost: I picked this one for Rs. 211.20 against Rs. 220 which is the MRP because Goodlife was having a discount on the products.
2. Maybelline White Stay UV pressed Fairness Compact Powder – Fawn: The packaging was simple and it is a white round box with pressed powder. I chose the darkest shade as it blended perfectly on my wheatish skin. It stayed on my skin till the time I washed my face with a scrub to get rid of the makeup I had worn.
About the product ( written on the back of the prod)
Maybelline New York Whitestay UV- Fairness compact powder
- Glowing finish instantly
- Vitamin C brightens skin tone instantly for visible fairness that lasts all day
- SPF 18 UV filters protect from skin darkening – Skin stays flawless and fresh all day long
- Hides dark spots and imperfections for a flawless natural look
- Oil-free powder keeps skin feeling fresh through the day – Silky soft texture
- Ultra fine powder spreads easily and smoothly onto skin
- Lightweight and mild, this powder is suitable for everyday use
How to use: Pat small amounts gently on face and neck. Blend using puff. Suitable for everyday use.
- Dermatologically tested
- Allergy tested
- Won’t clog pores
Cost: I picked this one for Rs. 144 against Rs. 150 which is the MRP because Goodlife was having a discount on the products.
This comes in a tiny unbreakable glass jar. When I first tried it on at a friends place, I liked the mousse feel it had and you needed to just dab it around your cheekbones and blend it well to get the right highlights. The colour of the lid is the same as the mousse that is packaged inside. I like it because its non fussy and extremely easy to use. If you have talons, chances are that you may have the blush stuck in the nails too. So you could use a cotton bud or a brush to pick out the desired quantity that you want to apply.
For Best Results:- With your fingertips, pat a small amount of blush onto the apples of your cheeks. Use feathery strokes to blend gently from your cheekbones to your temples. To build color intensity, apply more blush.- With your fingertips, pat a small amount of blush onto the apples of your cheeks. Use feathery strokes to blend gently from your cheekbones to your temples. To build color intensity, apply more blush.
Cost: I picked this one for Rs. 196.80 against Rs. 205 which is the MRP because Goodlife was having a discount on the products.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- How to Make Your Own Natural Vapor Rub - June 26, 2017
- 7 Harmful Ingredients In Baby Products - June 20, 2017
- Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Brightening Ayurvedic Face Scrub Review - June 14, 2017