Do you know the three words that make your heart race with fear, dread, anxiety and anticipation of what next? ” I am bored”, when uttered by your child in the midst of the summer vacation is enough to get the panic-o-meter rising. In my case, it is ” We are bored.”, and when you have two boys sitting glum during the vacations, you know you have to keep them busy! And when you have boys with diverse tastes, it becomes important to choose something that satisfies both of them!
And it was Flintobox that came to my rescue. When I was approached to review the FlintoBox, honestly, I was apprehensive, because I assumed it was another box that was filled with mundane activities, but on the contrary, it was not. It was super-fun, engaging and addictive. Needless to say that the boys loved it! It arrived two days after their birthday and they were super thrilled with the idea of having another present to open!
The theme of Flintobox for May was Wildlife Safari and it included 4 activities that allowed the boys to Explore, Create, Play and Read.
Activities in FlintoBox
- Jumbled in Jungle – My fav one! This one is a board game that builds up logical and communication skills. Roll the dice and get ready to save the animals. A simple, yet fun game that still keeps the boys busy. It’s not one of the usual board games you would get in a market.
- My Safari Animals – Make your own animal safari with these unique cut-outs of animals that the children can also paint or colour. So with the cut-outs, you could make your own animal figures and play around with it. It comes with a messy mat and a box of colours that can be used to paint the animals.
- Binoculars – Get ready to explore the imaginary jungle with this snazzy binocular! The kids took turns to wear these and watch the different birds around our house.
- Animal Kingdom – Jigsaws have always interested me. In this activity, you get the jigsaw together and match the animals on the tentcards with the places in the jigsaw. Fun, interesting and a learning for the boys. And some interesting facts about the animals too!
- Flinto & Friends Camping Adventure – One of my boys is an avid reader and this was the first thing he pulled out of the box and settled to read the book.
5 things I loved about Flintobox
1. Kid friendly
Materials that have been used for creating the activities are kid-friendly. No sharp edges at all! I loved the including of a messy mat that was a boon for me. No mopping and cleaning the floor after the activities.
2. Cures the TV addiction
Even if it was for 3 days, I must admit that my boys did take a break from television for at least 3-4 hours in a day. With the summer vacation and the scorching heat, they were made to stay indoors and apart from the usual playing, TV was their only way to chase the boredom away. Flintobox came as a rescue for their boredom!
Loved the one with the animal cut outs where the kids had to spend time painting and getting the figurines ready. My boys are not the artistic types, but they love animals! So this activity was something they loved.
4. Enhancing Knowledge
Each month, the box has a different theme that helps the children learn more about different things. This is a very important factor for me as it allows my boys to know more about different things.
Not just the activities,but each of the boxes are unique as well. Each of the activities have been designed keeping in mind the needs of the particular age level. Not just that, the activities also mention the skill sets that a child can develop with the activities.
Looking for some more fun summer activities? Download some of these cool printables that will keep your child busy!
- For ages 4 – 8 – Wild Safari Theme
- For ages 3 – 4 – Jungle Adventurer Theme
- For ages 2 -3 years – Amazing Animals Themes
Now that I have your attention, get ready to win a cool Flintobox for your child! Share with me in the comments below or on this FB post some of your “Tips to take kids off TV”. I know for us moms, its a huge task, but I am sure that you have plenty of tips to share. I’ll be selecting some of the best tips and you’ll get a FlintoBox each! Contest ends on June 20th.
Completely! You really can’t give this one a miss! If you have kids of different age groups at home, I would certainly recommend buying boxes that are age appropriate.
Pricing and Availability
Priced at ₹ 1095, Flintobox has subscriptions open for a month,3 months and 6 months. I’d recommend buying one box to gauge how much your child likes the activities before zeroing in to a 3 or a 6 month subscription. Looking at the various themes that is available, one thing that is guaranteed is that there is no repetition of activities so that is a major plus point for every parent. Get a special discount by clicking here!
The only con I find in the Flintobox is that the activities get over really quickly. I wish that there were at least 6 activities and also include some activities that can be re-done multiple times.
So summer or no summer, get a FlintoBox today and let your child’s imagination soar!
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- Clothes shopping for children - May 13, 2017
- Best homemade natural scrubs to remove tan - May 2, 2017
- Best natural diaper rash creams in India for your baby - April 27, 2017