This is what my mom would make for me when I was a kid. I used to love the taste and needless to say, I was very much keen to make the same for my boys.
What I took:
- 1 cup of macroni – boiled, strained and cooled.
- 1 cup of chopped veggies boiled ( you can also saute them in butter for a different taste)
- The veggies I took were chopped broccoli, carrots and peas
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, diced and sauted in butter
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cubes of cheese
I heated about 2 tbsp of butter in a pan and added 1 tbsp of flour ( maida) to it. Saute it till it gives a nice aroma. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a cup of milk and two cubes of cheese that has been grated. Let it cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Preheat the oven for 4 minutes at 170 degree. Take a baking tin, a layer of macroni, a layer of veggies + mushrooms, a layer of sauce. I make at least two layers of each. Season with some parsley and basil.
Bake for about 15 minutes. Serve with sauce.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- How to Make Your Own Natural Vapor Rub - June 26, 2017
- 7 Harmful Ingredients In Baby Products - June 20, 2017
- Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Brightening Ayurvedic Face Scrub Review - June 14, 2017