Alright, these are actually supposed to be made as muffins. Since I did not have a muffin tray, I decided to bake it as a whole cake. And I am superbly happy with the result! I’ve made a banana cake earlier, but this was the first time I was trying something with chocolate chips. And without digressing, here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup sugar measured and powdered
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas ( I mashed two)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted ( I took butter that was really soft)
- 1/4 cup milk – I used whole fat milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips ( I chopped up some dark chocolate that was at home)
- Pre heat the oven at 170 degrees celsius for about 6 minutes.
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar and the baking powder. keep aside.
- Mix the banana, milk, egg and the butter together. I used a hand blender and blended it for about 3 minutes, alternating between the speeds.
- Now, add this mixture to the mixed dry ingredients. Do not use the blender now. Mix it well. Add the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into greased muffin trays or the cake tray. Bake for about 35 minutes.
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- How to Make Your Own Natural Vapor Rub - June 26, 2017
- 7 Harmful Ingredients In Baby Products - June 20, 2017
- Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Brightening Ayurvedic Face Scrub Review - June 14, 2017