I recently read this article in a magazine on quick tips for good feet this summer. I realised that I followed the same regime and let me share it with you.
Tans on the feet look bad! When you wear shoes that do not cover your feet completely, you are exposing the feet for a tan. And with the scorching summer heat it just gets worse. Here are a couple of tips that you should follow this summer for good and non-smelling feet!
1. Exfoliate Well : I exfoliate my feet at least 5 times a week. I use this wonderful soap from IHA with a seaweed that scrubs and cleans my feet from the dirt and grime. Use it at least once a day scrubbing your feet for about 2 minutes each for better results. Wash off with warm water. With a regular usage I also noticed that the tan on my feet was lesser. I also use a good quality powder scrub that I mix with rose water and apply on my feet and let it remain for about 5 minutes. Scrub in circular motions and rinse with warm water.
2. Polishes and Packs :Buy a good quality polish that you can use on your feet to cleanse it better. I love the Madras Madness Coffee Scrub By Nourish. This yummy Coffee smelling polish acts wonderfully on the feet also by cleansing it and also moisturising it really well. As for the pack, take a tbsp of besan ( gram flour), mix it with equal amount of yogurt ( more if like a runny paste) and add a few drops of lemon juice. Apply on the feet and let it remain for at least 4 minutes, Wash off with warm water. Do this atleast twice a week.
3. Bye to smelly feet : With the excess sweating in the summer, your feet will smell. And if you wear closed shoes and socks, get ready for a pet skunk! You can avoid this by rubbing a good quality antiperspirant on the soles of the feet. You can also use good wipes like Kara to wipe the soles of your feet and keep them clean. An added benefit would be if you could do this even at your workplace at least once in a day.
4. A Quick Pedicure : Buff nails, trim them regularly and use the wide end of a toothpick to gently take out the dirt under the toenails. Soak your feet in foot salts with warm water for 10 minutes. Pat dry and take your favourite massage cream and give your tired feet a massage.
Hint: It works better if you can have someone give you that massage!
The boys, coffee, books, music and ME TIME are my modes of relaxation!
Latest posts by Pratibha (see all)
- How to Make Your Own Natural Vapor Rub - June 26, 2017
- 7 Harmful Ingredients In Baby Products - June 20, 2017
- Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Brightening Ayurvedic Face Scrub Review - June 14, 2017